Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sorry that I haven't updated in a while!!!

Since I have not updated in a while I decided to do a middle of the year update sort of thing to mark off the things I have done and show what I still need to do!! :)  26/100

  1. Take a family vacation- somewhere we haven't been yet  this still has to be figured out, but we are trying to plan a camping trip.  We've just been so busy this summer with other things and planning has been near impossible. But we still have a month to hopefully do something!!
  2.  Spend less time on Facebook  I totally fail at this, but I did stop playing all facebook games with the exception of SongPop & Words with Friends (both I can play on my Kindle Fire)
  3. Read more books-  at least 10 (I know this number isn't very high, but I don't read as often as I would like to, so I'm going to make this happen)  Still working on this. So far, I have read nothing since the winter time!!
  4.  get a new tattoo not yet
  5. make a new zine I have lots of ideas and some stuff written up, so hopefully this will get done. At I have started something!! :)
  6. cook more- homemade meals!!!  We have started to eat out less, which is nice.  And saves money!! But as for me doing the cooking, that doesn't happen often!!
  7. have a bigger "garden" this Summer  YES!! This has been done!! So happy!! We are growing: tomatoes (at home) and then the rest of the veggies are in my parents' garden (they made a bigger one this year and gave us 1/3 of the space):  cucumbers, leeks, green beans, mild banana peppers and mild jalapenos!!
  8. go swimming with the kids DONE!! :)
  9. take the kids fishing DONE!! :)
  10. go camping again with the family not yet
  11. go on a "getaway" with Chris for a night or two! We did camp out in his parents' backyard for night, so if that counts?!
  12. pay down my debt working on it
  13. budget my finances (again) so I can save some money working on this too
  14. finally plan my wedding LOL, nope!! We've been together 4 years, engaged for 3!!
  15. go bowling not yet
  16. go to karaoke.  It has been way to long!! trying to plan a time and place for this!!
  17. take kids to the zoo not yet
  18. go to a museum not yet
  19. not worry so much about the little things I think I have worried more this year than before.  But all is fine and I need to start DOING THIS!!
  20. eat better eh
  21. go to doctor and have a yearly check up (I haven't done that in a long time) I have gone to the doctor a couple times this year for the same thing and it the process I was sent for an EKG on my heart (all is fine) and a CT scan on my neck (all is fine there too).  I'd like to stay away from the doctor for the rest of the year now!! ;)
  22. update my Etsy shop (finally!!) I am almost done with this.  For some reason I am too scared to hit the submit button. Not sure why.  I need some words of encouragement here!
  23. learn a new craft how to be lazy. Not a fun craft. I'd like to un-learn this please
  24. make art with the kids YES!! We made stepping stones for myself & my mom for mother's day! We also make decos together!!  My kids rule!!
  25. get my hair cut DONE!! I cut off a lot too.  I love it!!
  26. dye my hair DONE. But the dye has since faded.
  27. volunteer more at my kids' school  not yet, but once school starts up again, I will, for sure!
  28. get a new bike
  29. go on family bike rides
  30. get another tattoo (I have lots of ideas!!!)
  31. clean out/ organize the closet   This is half done. We have removed everything from the closet and (due to fear of leaking from rain) and now I need to go through all of my clothes and hang them back up)
  32. organize the laundry room This half done as well.  I still need to organize the linens but everything else is done! We have lots of storage in our laundry room!! I love it!!
  33. buy kids new dressers We ended up getting them for free from our neighbor (Chris' sister & brother-in-law)  I am so glad!! After a couple years of looking, this is finally done!!
  34. spend more time outdoors Not as much as I would have liked to since we have had a rainy first half of the summer, but we have been doing a lot more lately.
  35. write 30 letters in 30 days nope. I have totally slacked on my mail and it makes me mad. I am slowly catching up though and I still have time to complete this!
  36. organize my zine bins I am so excited to do this! Crazy I know!! But really I am so looking forward to the free time to be able to get this done! :)
  37. go through my old letters box (letters received over the years) same as above
  38.  do a blog obviously that is what this is, even though I don't blog very often!!
  39. have a picnic I did have a picnic with Ryder on his last day of school!! That was nice!
  40. go to the park
  41. write more letters
  42. make more (starter) decos & slams (at least 20 each)
  43. drink less soda
  44. drink more water yep, I've been doing this!!
  45. watch more movies on Netflix
  46. do a "30 'something' in 30 days" thing
  47. figure out what that 'something' is
  48. make a zine with Chris
  49. work a little harder at my mark. sales This is not going to happen since they just forced all of us mark. reps to become Avon reps, but I am excited to be starting my new business as an independent Avon rep!! I think this is going to be so much better for me than mark ever was!!  If you're looking for some Avon, let me know!! ;)
  50. look into taking an online class
  51. make a mixtape!!
  52. use more coupons
  53. learn new words and use them!!
  54. make more iced tea I just made some sun tea and I'm going to make some more!!
  55. buy a new pair of pants
  56. and new underwear
  57. and new socks!!
  58. get a massage!
  59. play Bingo done
  60. go to the Eagles for chicken wings!
  61. go to the movies done- took the kids to see Turbo 3-D!! We still need to hit up the drive in though!!
  62. go out for sushi
  63. go to at least one concert Fleetwood Mac in June!!
  64. do the 24 hour zine thing again!
  65. participate in at least one zine event or activity (like contribute to a zine if I can't actually make it to an event)
  66. clean out the storage unit
  67. donate old clothes and toys done.  We donated a lot of stuff to Goodwill and I know we'll be having more soon too!!
  68. go rollerskating
  69. build a snowman done
  70. go to the beach
  71. hang out more with people in real life
  72. fly a kite
  73. clean out the van done
  74. go to a craft store
  75. go to a record store
  76. listen to my records
  77. find better storage for my cassettes & vinyl- no more cardboard boxes!!
  78. clean out medicine cabinet
  79. buy new pair of sunglasses
  80. take family walks around the reservoir 
  81. sign Hanna up for gymnastics This has not been done yet, because Hanna said she didn't want to do it anymore.  But the other day she told me now she does. So she should be back in gymnastics in September!
  82. sign Ryder up for some activity too Ryder signed up for track. He loved it!!
  83. organize photos
  84. hang new photos/ artwork on walls
  85. keep a notebook handy- so I *will* write more!
  86. update address book
  87. keep track of my mail (write down when I receive a letter & when I mail out a letter!)
  88. learn how to change a car tire
  89. write an introduction letter (first) to a potential new pal done
  90. ride the Gatekeeper (new roller coaster at Cedar Point)
  91. learn how to play a song on the guitar
  92. get ice cream machine I have not bought one yet, but I did look at some at the store! ;)
  93. make homemade ice cream
  94. use rock tumbler!!
  95. take more pictures always.  I take pictures of EVERYTHING!! And then I post them all to facebook!
  96. go to hockey game done, TWICE!!
  97. take my measurements and find out exactly what size clothes I really am!
  98. work out- not to lose weight, but to get in shape
  99. learn how to hula hoop with out feeling like I look stupid doing it
  100. watch "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" when they make their (online) comebacks this year!!   Done!!!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment